We hope that all of our customers had a good Easter break. In a bid to keep you all informed on the current operational status of SOHO Commercial, we present the latest blog post containing all current news regarding communication, shipping and collections. If, upon reading this, you have any questions regarding orders, please contact your sales representative directly or email the central email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
All staff are handling calls while working from home. However, due to the bank holiday weekend, we are experiencing high call volumes, so delays are likely. If you are unable to get through on the telephone, we recommend sending an email to your sales representative, or to email@example.com
Strict procedures, enforced to protect our despatch team from the risk of infection, remain in place for ALL collections. This includes a collection window of 11am – 3pm for those who do NOTusually collect goods from our warehouse. The procedures to which all customers must adhere are as follows:
Collections must have been agreed with a sales representative
- Customers who do NOT normally collect from us will only be allowed to collect between the hours of 11am and 3pm
- You must keep a distance of 2m between you and the warehouse or personnel
- If you are displaying cold or flu like symptoms, you must leave the site immediately
- All items for collection will be placed on a pallet at a safe distance from the warehouse. Do NOT approach until personnel are a safe distance away
- All paperwork will be left on the pallet with goods. Sign one copy using your own pen and replace on pallet
Our despatch team continue to work with reduced numbers. As a result, and due to the Easter weekend, some delays are expected to the shipping of goods.
Due to government advice that has resulted in the temporary closure of some businesses, it is likely that customers awaiting goods will be contacted by a member of our sales team. This is a courtesy call and is an opportunity to check on welfare, and whether someone will be available to take receipt of any shipped goods. Therefore, we ask that all customers give us the most accurate information to reduce the risk of failed deliveries.
If you are concerned about your order and its status, please contact your sales representative via email. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports are that DPD continue to provide a high level of service nationwide, and currently have no issues regarding the impact of Covid-19
We continue to remind all customers that DPD are enforcing the following to protect staff and customers:
- Staggering start time of drivers to ensure social distancing requirements can be upheld
Providing customers with contact free delivery that can be arranged
using the DPD app and editing delivery preferences
Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to
“leave in a safe place”
- If there is no “leave in a safe place” instruction, the parcel will not be delivered and returned to depot.
- Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe place”
- Contact-free delivery requires no signature from recipient, and a photograph will be taken as evidence of delivery
Further details of service functionality can be found at: https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/products_services/covid-19-bulletins.jsp
According to the UKMail website, service remains “business as usual.”
We remind customers that UKMail have removed the “leave with neighbour” option for deliveries to adhere to the social distancing advice. Therefore, the only service options available to those using UKMail to despatch goods are “recipient only” or “leave in a safe place”.
The following information remains relevant:
Delivery windows have been increased from 1 hour to 4 hours
Reporting increase of 75000 more parcels entering network,
including large numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- 75% of these are for delivery in London and South East which means delays are likely
- Reporting increase of 75000 more parcels entering network, including large numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- As a service, they are prioritising fresh foods, medical supplies and cleaning products to help combat Covid-19
- Significant staff shortages in customer service and operational services which could lead to delayed deliveries and slower response time to enquiries
For further updates on the operational status of UKMail, please visit: https://www.ukmail.com/news
Tuffnells have ceased to provide Saturday deliveries until further notice
Nothing to report
We have had reports that XDP are experiencing delays of approximately 24-48 hours in Scotland. We, therefore, request that all Scottish customers remain patient.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
As always, the patience and loyalty of our customers is greatly appreciated. As we continue to navigate this unprecedented situation, we ask that you all continue to follow the guidelines offered by the government, carry on washing your hands with soap and water or, when needed, alcohol rub.