As part of our continued attempt to keep customers updated on the status of operational services throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, please read the latest information below.
All staff are now able to handle calls while working from home. However, due to the high volumes of calls being received, delays are still likely. If you are unable to get through on the telephone, we recommend sending an email to your sales representative, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strict, contact-free procedures remain in place for collections as we look to protect our despatch team from the risk of infection.
Customers who do NOT normally collect from us MUST adhere to the strict collection window of 11am – 3pm. The complete list of enforced collection procedures is as follows:
must have been agreed with a sales representative
- Customers who do NOT normally collect from us will only be allowed to collect between the hours of 11am and 3pm
- You must keep a distance of 2m between you and the warehouse or personnel
- If you are displaying cold or flu like symptoms, you must leave the site immediately
- All items for collection will be placed on a pallet at a safe distance from the warehouse. Do NOT approach until personnel are a safe distance away
- All paperwork will be left on the pallet with goods. Sign one copy using your own pen and replace on pallet
We would like to thank our despatch team who, despite reduced numbers, continue to work tirelessly to despatch orders in a timely fashion. Due to staffing issues as a result of Covid-19, delays to shipping are expected, and will undoubtedly continue into the future.
As we are aware that some businesses may be closed due to Government advice, customers will be contacted by a sales representative over the coming days. This courtesy call is to ensure that someone will be present to receive delivery of despatched goods. Due to delays in shipping, as well as expected delays with courier services and delivery times, we ask that all customers give us the most accurate time scale within which deliveries will be accepted.
If you are concerned about your order and its status, please contact your sales representative via email. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com
As of 01 April, DPD continue to report excellent service across their network. They also confirm that they have enough staff to provide relief should illness become an issue.
We continue to remind all customers that DPD are enforcing the following to protect staff and customers:
- Staggering start time of drivers to ensure social distancing requirements can be upheld
customers with contact free delivery that can be arranged using the
DPD app and editing delivery preferences
a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe
- If there is no “leave in a safe place” instruction, the parcel will not be delivered and returned to depot.
- Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe place”
- Contact-free delivery requires no signature from recipient, and a photograph will be taken as evidence of delivery
Further details of service functionality can be found at: https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/products_services/covid-19-bulletins.jsp
As of April 1, UKMail have removed the “leave with neighbour” option for deliveries to assist with maintaining social distancing. Therefore, the only service options available to those using UKMail to despatch goods are “recipient only” or “leave in a safe place”.
The following information remains relevant:
- Delivery windows have been increased from 1 hour to 4 hours
increase of 75000 more parcels entering network, including large
numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- 75% of these are for delivery in London and South East which means delays are likely
- As a service, they are prioritising fresh foods, medical supplies and cleaning products to help combat Covid-19
- Significant staff shortages in customer service and operational services which could lead to delayed deliveries and slower response time to enquiries
For further updates on the operational status of UKMail, please visit: https://www.ukmail.com/news
As of 4 April, Tuffnells will cease to make deliveries on a Saturday until further notice.
Nothing to report
During these extremely challenging times, we understand that awaiting goods on which you are dependent can be extremely stressful. We would like to assure you that we are doing everything we can to ensure that your goods are received as quickly as possible. All staff, from despatch to sales representatives, are working hard to ensure that we deliver the level of service service that you have come to expect from SOHO Commercial.
SOHO Commercial is extremely grateful for the patience and loyalty shown by our customers, old and new. We remind you all to adhere to Government guidelines of maintain social distancing, washing your hands with soap and hand sanitiser. Most of all, we hope you continue to remain safe.