With the development of new routines, both by ourselves and those that we depend on to provide a service, the operational status of SOHO Commercial has stabilised. However, the necessity for staff to work from home and follow social distancing guidelines means that, despite the emergence of a “new normal”, we expect delays in the shipping of goods to continue. We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience, loyalty and support in recent weeks as we sought solutions that would enable us to continue providing the kind of service that is expected from SOHO Commercial.
As a result of the stabilisation of services across a delivery network on which we depend, and the tireless effort of our despatch team, we are going to further reduce the frequency of status updates. These will now only occur if there is a change in circumstances, including new guidelines offered by the government, a change in the operational status of the courier companies we use, or any other development that will detrimentally affect the service we provide as a company.
Whilst we are scaling back our status updates, we would like to reassure all customers that our sales team are on hand to help assist with any concerns you may have. They can be contacted between the hours of 9am – 5pm via email at email@example.com, or telephone by dialling 0208 394 2088.
Our sales team continue to be contactable throughout the pandemic via email and telephone. However, the high number of calls that we are receiving means that it may prove difficult to get through on the telephone. Therefore, we are advising that customers send an email directly to their sales representative, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact-free procedures remain in place, and this is likely to be the case for some time. The safety of our staff is paramount, and all precautions are being taken to prevent the risk of infection.
Please note that customers who do NOT normally collect from us MUST adhere to the strict collection window of 11am – 3pm. The complete list of enforced collection procedures is as follows:
must have been agreed with a sales representative
- Customers who do NOT normally collect from us will only be allowed to collect between the hours of 11am and 3pm
- You must keep a distance of 2m between you and the warehouse or personnel
- If you are displaying cold or flu like symptoms, you must leave the site immediately
- All items for collection will be placed on a pallet at a safe distance from the warehouse. Do NOT approach until personnel are a safe distance away
- All paperwork will be left on the pallet with goods. Sign one copy using your own pen and replace on pallet
Our small despatch team continue to work tirelessly to ensure the swift shipping of goods. However, while all attempts are being made to ensure that goods are despatched in a timely manner, some delays are likely.
Customers will continue to be contacted by a sales representative to ensure that they are well, and someone is available to take receipt of goods. Due to likely delays in shipping, we ask that all customers give us the most accurate time scale within which deliveries will be accepted, particularly if a closure is expected.
If you are concerned about your order and its status, please contact your sales representative via email. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com
As of 27 April, DPD have reported that delivery success rate remains at 99.96%.
We remind all customers that DPD are continuing to enforce the following to protect staff and customers:
- Staggering start time of drivers to ensure social distancing requirements can be upheld
customers with contact free delivery that can be arranged using the
DPD app and editing delivery preferences
a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe
- If there is no “leave in a safe place” instruction, the parcel will not be delivered and returned to depot.
- Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe place”
- Contact-free delivery requires no signature from recipient, and a photograph will be taken as evidence of delivery
Further details of service functionality can be found at: https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/products_services/covid-19-bulletins.jsp
On April 28, UKMail reported that their service remains operational.
We remind customers that UKMail have removed the “leave with neighbour” option for deliveries to assist with maintaining social distancing. Therefore, the only service options available to those using UKMail to despatch goods are “recipient only” or “leave in a safe place”.
The following information also remains relevant:
windows have been increased from 1 hour to 4 hours
increase of 75000 more parcels entering network, including large
numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- 75% of these are for delivery in London and South East which means delays are likely
- Reporting increase of 75000 more parcels entering network, including large numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- As a service, they are prioritising fresh foods, medical supplies and cleaning products to help combat Covid-19
- Significant staff shortages in customer service and operational services which could lead to delayed deliveries and slower response time to enquiries
For further updates on the operational status of UKMail, please visit: https://www.ukmail.com/news
Saturday deliveries have been stopped until further notice
Nothing to report
Royal Mail will no longer be providing Saturday deliveries as of 2 May to help deal with the growing absence of staff across its network. This will continue until further notice.
There have been reports that XDP are experiencing delays of approximately 24-48 hours in Scotland. In light of this, we ask that all Scottish customers remain patient.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, to all our customers, we extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation for the level of patience and loyalty you have shown. We urge you all to stay safe and to continue following government guidelines as we all seek an end to the current situation.