As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to affect business operations across the world, Washroom World, part of the SOHO Commercial family, would like to update you on our response to the situation, what this means for the service we provide, and how this will affect the customer.
Over the weekend, our I.T. support team successfully completed the work necessary for all staff to handle calls while working from home. Whilst this is good news, we still expect some delays to calls being answered. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
All staff have access to emails. If you are unable to get through on the telephone, we recommend sending an email to your sales representative, or to email@example.com
Strict, contact-free procedures remain in place for collections as we look to protect our despatch team from the risk of infection.
Customers who do NOT normally collect from us MUST adhere to the strict collection window of 11am – 3pm. The complete list of enforced collection procedures is as follows:
Collections must have been agreed with a sales representative
- Customers who do NOT normally collect from us will only be allowed to collect between the hours of 11am and 3pm
- Youmustkeep a distance of 2m between you and the warehouse or personnel
- If you are displaying cold or flu like symptoms, you must leave the site immediately
- All items for collection will be placed on a pallet at a safe distance from the warehouse. Do NOT approach until personnel are a safe distance away
- All paperwork will be left on the pallet with goods. Sign one copy using your own pen and replace on pallet
Our despatch team are continuing to work extremely hard to ensure that all orders are dispatched as quickly as possible. However, delays will continue into the future with no end to the current situation in sight.
It is likely that most, if not all, customers will be contacted by a sales representative over the coming days. This is a courtesy call to ensure that someone will be present to receive delivery of despatched goods. Due to the delays in shipping, as well as expected delays with courier services and delivery times, we ask that all customers give us the most accurate time scale within which deliveries will be accepted.
If you are concerned about your order and its status, please contact your sales representative via email. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As of 27 March, DPD reported that “operations have continued as normal throughout the week, in fact our drivers have delivered what we call 'diamond' or 'gold' level service eery [sic] day.”
DPD are yet to provide an update regarding week commencing 30 March.
We remind all customers that DPD are enforcing the following to protect staff and customers:
- Staggering start time of drivers to ensure social distancing requirements can be upheld
Providing customers with contact free delivery that can be arranged
using the DPD app and editing delivery preferences
Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to
“leave in a safe place”
- If there is no “leave in a safe place” instruction, the parcel will not be delivered and returned to depot.
- Alternatively, a note can be left on door to instruct driver to “leave in a safe place”
- Contact-free delivery requires no signature from recipient, and a photograph will be taken as evidence of delivery
Further details of service functionality can be found at: https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/products_services/covid-19-bulletins.jsp
On 30 March, UKMail confirmed that all operational services continue to be business as usual. However, we feel it is important to remind customers that the following information still stands:
- Delivery windows have been increased from 1 hour to 4 hours
Reporting increase of 75000 more parcels entering network, including
large numbers of oversized items such as gym equipment
- 75% of these are for delivery in London and South East which means delays are likely
- As a service, they are prioritising fresh foods, medical supplies and cleaning products to help combat Covid-19
- Significant staff shortages in customer service and operational services which could lead to delayed deliveries and slower response time to enquiries
for further updates on the operational status of UKMail, please visit: https://www.ukmail.com/news
Tuffnells are currently reporting delays to international shipping. However, UK deliveries remain unaffected.
Nothing to report
We would like to thank all of our customers, old and new, for their patience during these extremely challenging times. All staff, from despatch to sales representatives, are working hard to ensure that we deliver the level of service service that you have come to expect from SOHO Commercial. Your custom and loyalty is greatly appreciated.
We remind you all to maintain social distancing, wash your hands with soap and hand sanitiser. But, most of all, we urge you all to keep safe.